Monday, September 7, 2009

Hello friends,

I met a friend at the farmers market on Saturday and she commented on my blog. She said she was REALLY enjoying it but that I had not written in a while...a long while! I was surprised and realized that people are reading it even though there are no comments.
Like all of us these days, I get busy, but with Ruth's comment,I have decided that since it is being read,I must take the time to write! It actually is a delight once I get started and I am always surprised at what comes out as I press the keys....not just the typos but the ideas.
Today,I am suddenly thinking about my high school reunion! It was 50 years ago that I graduated from Queen of the Rosary Academy in Amityville, New York! Amazing!
I am once again connecting with my 'old' friends and having a grand time. They are reading my book....and so are some of my teachers. Such fun! There were only two that I remained in contact with before now and suddenly there are many. I am sad that I will not be at the reunion. I had made a commitment to lead the St. Patrick's women's retreat....their first ever! Isn't it wonderful to have two very special things to choose from?
Recently,I have spoken to two lovely women who are feeling bored and lonely. They are in the midst of the empty nest syndrome. They feel as though they have nothing to do. I do not envy their loneliness but I sometimes dream about having time to simply be...to wander and to wonder without having 16 gazillion things to DO! They will find their way soon enough but in the meantime I encouraged them to enjoy the emptiness!
Well, I am off to the prison to teach Catholic Spirituality. The men read the reading of the day after check in and then I do a guided meditation. Envision 20 to 30 men lying on the chapel floor,eyes closed entering fully into an experience of God loving them. It is quite beautiful. We always leave feeling blessed!
I hope you are feeling loved and blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment