Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Year is Up and Now What?

I gave myself a year after the book was published to promote it and now the year is up!
Well, it seems that the book does not keep track of time and is keeping me as busy as ever. Although I know that this is a very good thing and I enjoy all that the book creates, I must admit I am 'chomping at the bit' to get writing again!I wake up with wonderful thoughts and ideas but before I can get to my writing, I find myself doing the book's work...answering emails from readers,setting up talks,conferences and meetings. I continue to be in awe of the responses to the book. Will I ever get used to the ways the book has impacted readers? I sort of hope I will always be surprised and delighted. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that the book is touching so many lives! Finally, I am beginning to acknowledge that this first book will forever be a part of my life,sort of like a child! I must then just begin to create another! But, can I handle two very active,enthusiastic offspring,I ask myself? Perhaps, that has more to do with my procrastination than anything else!



No comments:

Post a Comment